Monday, April 5, 2010

Garden Plan 1


So after my to do list I started my garden plan. It's a bit rough (i.e. no measurements and the established plants may be in the wrong spots, not to scale I'm sure) but its and idea. The plan also gives me an idea about where I need to till the soil and what I might be able to leave alone. I also will need to figure out how to water this far back away from the house. I presume the garden will have to be on multiple zones (arg!).
Problems:
  • Don't know if the border material I have for the grass/garden border will be long enough.
  • Watering
  • Clearing weeds
  • Supporting the tomato's and beans
  • material for a path that won't just be mud after watering
Questions:
  • How big to make a path
  • Keeping track of plants when I'm not planting everything at the same time (spreadsheet anyone?)
  • Relative location of plants in proximity to each other.