Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Garden Update


I've had seeds in the dirt for a week now and am seeing some progress. The world around my yard is beginning to bloom and I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute of the progress. I've said before how much I love watching the growth process. Plants can teach us so much about life. We need very little; a safe home, sun shining on us, and water. An the results can be endless!








The official update:


in the ground:

radishes - up
sunflowers - not up

marigolds - not up

strawberry plant - looking good (see picture)

chives - thriving and ready to be split (see picture)

garlic - replanted more and it appears to be doing well

peony - sprouting (see picture)

tulips - lots of leaves, one flower :( (but it is beautiful anyway!)

In a pot:

lettuce - up

tomato - not up


peppers - not up


shasta daisy - maybe up (could be a weed instead?)


cilantro - not up


thyme - up