Saturday, July 24, 2010

July = Garden Progress

1 of about 9 pumpkins I can see so far. The pumpkin patch has arrived!
2nd planting of butter lettuce, basil, and weeds. (oh the shame!)

Corn tassels



basil - probably by far one of my favorite things to grow



Jalapeno bloom. We ate our 1st one last night, as well as our first green pepper.



Here is a garden update:

Growth has been amazing! Days have been hot but there has been an unusually large amount of rain for Colorado so everything has been thriving. With a 10 day trip resulting in coming home with a slinged arm (or is that slung, or arm in sling) I've had to rely on some family to help catch up on weeding, tying up the tomatoes, etc.
Tomatoes, cilantro, zucchini, cucumbers, sunflowers, corn, rhubarb, dill, etc. is all doing so well. I think my next goal is garden video!