Sunday, February 14, 2010

Autobiographies

I've found I often gravitate toward biographies or autobiographies to learn about the interesting people from around the world. Autobiographies are particularly interesting because the author has the editing eye to determine (again, obviously) what was important and not so much in their own story.

I've always been a big fan of Bill Pete books for their adorable but unusual characters that are classic ideas but presented in a unique way. I had no idea he had been such a working force in the early Disney company! I am excited to review movies for his touch such as the Jungle Book, Dumbo, and Cinderella's mice! He struggled with the atmosphere at Disney but worked there for 25+ (?) years. Deciding to work on his own interests he began writing children's books and this is where I am more familiar.