Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bread and Beans


After driving by a notoriously unhealthy fast food joint and wanting to stop (but resisting) I needed amazing food and not just an average dinner last night.
However, I did not pick quick menu items. I wanted fresh bread and had never just made plain white loaves of bread. Well, now I have. They are delicious. I used a buttermilk and flour recipe so not exactly in the "health food" category but it was delicious. It was after dinner, but still great.
With the hamburgers for dinner we also had grilled corn on the cob which was too amazing to stop and get the camera for.
I also had made the goal of making beans somehow this week and decided that Friday night would be a good time to do that. 5 hours later I wasn't exactly hungry but proud that I had made them. Again with the 'too tired to photo the finished product' but here is what was in it.