Monday, May 10, 2010

The Cry of Every Longing Heart!

If great artists aren't proof that God has a plan and purpose, I don't know what is. I think it is amazing that the cry of one person's heart and pen can capture, break, move and still my heart. I love amazing worship songs, and Chris Tomlin frequently tops the list or gets the thumb's up on Pandora.

Tonight's hit:

Chris Tomlin - I Will Rise

And I will rise
When he calls my name
No more sorrow
No more pain

I will rise on eagle wings
Before my god
I will fall on my knees
And rise

bridge
And I hear the voices of many angels sing
"Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart
worth is the Lamb


Oh, how my heart yearns for that moment in heaven when everyone cries out "Worthy is the Lamb!"

In an interview Chris Tomlin said he was challenged to write a song for the Church that was on par with "It Is Well With My Soul" to call to us in the darkest moments of life. He found inspiration when John in Revelation saw thousands upon thousands worshiping God and crying out "Worth is the Lamb". Enjoy!